The delegates are chosen through a statewide competition that seeks students with disabilities who have leadership potential. Each applicant submits a standard form, an essay, and letter of recommendation. The group that is selected is representative of the state in terms of geographic, gender, economic status, ethnicity, and types of disabilities.
Below are links to for different application forms: one for students who wish to attend MYLF and one for staff volunteers. The forms are in the Adobe Acrobat PDF format so they can be printed. After you click on a link, press CTRL-P to print the form. If you do not have the freely-available Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit Adobe’s web site. Adobe also has information about PDF accessibility for people with visual disabilities.
Some more information about student applications is below the links to the forms. If you have any questions about the forms, please call us at (406) 442-2576.
The 2017 conference will be held July 17-27, 2017. Staff Volunteers will be asked to attend staff training beginning July 16th with the student delegates due to arrive on July 17, 2017/
Eligibility and Application Requirements
1. To be eligible for the Montana Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities, student must:
- Have a disability (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Be in the 9th,10th, 11th or 12th grade as of December 31 of the year prior to attending the Forum
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential in school and the community, and
- Reside in Montana
2. Student applicants must mail the completed application packet to the MYLF Office – postmarked no later than March 25, 2017. Address – 1617 Eudlid Suite 1, Helena, MT 59601
3. Selected applicants will be notified by letter no later than May 10, 2017.
4. After being selected, students will be asked to fill out a confirmation form, and provide additional information to the MYLF Office.
5. All appropriate expenses will be paid by the Montana Youth Leadership Forum (MYLF) including such expenses as travel, lodging, food, interpreters for deaf students and personal care attendants for physically disabled students.
Montana Youth Leadership Forum
1617 Euclid Suite 1
Helena, MT 59601
(406)442-2576 Phone (406)443-3796 Fax